2012/08/17

Importing vehicles into guatemala

Importing guidelines for cars and trucks into Guatemala have gotten stricter over the past several years.
After an attempt this month for bringing in a 1996 Honda Civic from the United States, I was told it would not be allowed into the country. The reason being that it was more than ten years old. This means I would need to find at least a 2002 model of a vehicle if I wanted to bring it in.

After talking with some locals they have told me it has been that way for a while, but has not been enforced until recently. So my car is being shipped back into the United States and I have no idea what happens then. For right now it's just a waiting game until I can reach the customs offices about it, I think it will remain here in the Guatemala port for a time period of 15 - 20 days before action is taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment